24 February 2014

spoken in the stars.

there's something to the end of February, early March time of year.  the hope of spring, the hint of longer days, a cleanness to the air, an overall renewal of sorts.  i always think every season is my favorite, but when spring rolls in, something inside me just breathes relief and inhales joy.  spring is my season.  there is something so perfect about California in the spring.  being a native you would think i could speak life to that statement, but i can't.  it's just something you have to experience for yourself to know.

even right now, sitting at my desk, the cool air pouring in through my cracked bedroom window, the last bits of sun still lay out over the front yard, and i hear birds tweeting their tunes.  it's perfect, really.  all of it.

i imagine that these moments are what heaven is like.  all of this enjoyment, all of this perfection, and wonder, all of it relates to a big and mighty God.  a God whose imagination is beyond comprehension that He would think to create such perfect loveliness.  He being so good, that He made me to love and notice this perfect wonder too.

and that is what I love most in all of this, this season, this weather, this cleanness of a fresh canvas in a new season, is that He made me to love it.  He made me to be inspired by it.  He created this time of year to be my season, where I cultivate new goals, and rid my life of that which has hindered progress, and truly embrace this romance with Him.  the love affair that is spring feels as though it is just for me.  He spoke it in the stars, knowing the day He planned my arrival on this earth, spring would be ours.

No comments:

cultivating compassion//practicing colossians 3:12 (part I)

"Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion , kindness, humility, gentleness and pati...