28 February 2014

why love isn't all you need//february favorites.

28 days later.

59 days in.

this valentine's day, i was not at all sad to be alone.  perhaps i am used to it now, this fate of mine throughout my whole 20-somethings.  never having one, tried and true companion, to call my own.  i spent many a v-day being sad about this, or longing for a particular someone.  well, perhaps it is the lack of an interesting particular someone in my life that helps me to keep it altogether.  either way i managed to make it through february unscathed by the longings for love.  to be quite clear, i am rather content in my singleness.  not to say that i don't have any interest in my someday someone.  but, i'm truly good in the solo time for now...and frankly am quite the expert.  and i am learning to be better to myself.  less damning thoughts, more kindness.  i will happily treat myself to an afternoon movie, or brave the farmer's market, and walk the beach with my pup and a good book.  i know one day, hopefully, these are things i can enjoy with another, but for now, i won't let any happiness and enjoyment be taken away from doing these things alone.

babies are on their way all the way around.  it makes me feel new feelings when i see these dear friends i've known for a good chunk of my life suddenly turn into mothers.  they amaze me and i admire them.  i am not sure what all of this is stirring inside of me, but it's something new...

my friend r made it her goal for her thirtieth year to become a conscious eater.  i loved this.  i think this is something i've really been trying to put into full effect for years now, but it's a noble goal (and now one of my thirty things for thirty).   there have been seasons and parts of my twenties that have been very health conscious, but my desire is to let it invade all parts of my eating and living.  fresh, pure, limited in sugar, free of processed nonsense is what i want to feed my body with.

this year, really overall is about building wellness and healthy habits into my life.  you know, those real adult things, saving money, reading more, daily exercise, planned dates, budgets, less lazy, more proactive...that's my life now...and i like it.

february, you've been good to me.  bad days-0, some difficult moment kind of days-27, blue days-2,  happy, over the moon days-1...here's to march! i so look forward to a month in which we welcome spring, and longer days, and baseball season, and the hope of summer, and the season of lent, and the beauty of flowers, and a glimmer of warmth...and, and, and...so many wonderful things. 

No comments:

cultivating compassion//practicing colossians 3:12 (part I)

"Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion , kindness, humility, gentleness and pati...