24 January 2010

emerald city.

i want an emerald. they're beautiful. it's what i want for my wedding ring. diamonds are boring, emeralds pop! it's just a bright symbol of hope and beauty to me. i can't really explain it more. i just love emeralds.

well, i guess if i had to explain the story behind the emerald love, i'd say it is three-fold.
it goes back to the wizard of oz and emerald city. we all know emerald city is the fictional place located in the center of the land of Oz, at the end of the famous yellow brick road. it just makes me associate emeralds with hope.
then emerald city is the nickname of the city i dream to live in someday. (seattle) where it feels like my heart always was meant to be.
and then the emerald being my birthstone...i don't know it's just something that has meaning to me.
and again emeralds are just beautiful :)

No comments:

cultivating compassion//practicing colossians 3:12 (part I)

"Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion , kindness, humility, gentleness and pati...