24 March 2010

intentionality.



looking at things from an intentional perspective...

i think i've written about this before.  i've certainly thought about it a lot.  i've come to several points in my life recently in which i've realized that my life often completely lacks intention.  i move along passively, allowing things to happen to me. i am not proactive towards much.  reasons are mainly because i am scared.  scared of failure, scared of rejection, scared of everything falling apart.

i have been trying to focus my life towards being intentional.  i intend to pursue and invest in relationships.  i intend to do well in school, so i work hard, invest financially, and strive for my best in every effort.

i intend to know Jesus more intimately.  I read the Word, i pray, i seek Him...i am intentional about pursuing Him.

lack of intention precedes me, and itches its way in to my everyday life.  I want to be intentional in all things.

I am making a list...a long list, full of dreams, full of ridiculous ideas, full of fun, full of "other's" thinking, full of friendship growth, full of hope, just packed full!

here's a chunk, that i hope to accomplish...sooner rather than later!
(in no particular order)
get a tattoo
lay flowers on my grandparent's grave(s)
watch every 'edward norton' film!
join a writer's group
surf
see a play
donate blood
hollywood star walk
second single subject certification.
short story writing contest(s)
$1,000 down on my credit card
learn Hebrew

No comments:

cultivating compassion//practicing colossians 3:12 (part I)

"Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion , kindness, humility, gentleness and pati...