03 March 2010

a whimsical wednesday?

Wednesday's are whimsical when they equal a day off.  a day off from work, a day off from school, a day off from studying. whimsical, the day is left to the impulse and the whim!

This morning I walked around the beautiful outdoors with a good friend.  The day keeps transforming itself from smiling sunshine to threatening clouds.  the air is cool. if you take a minute to stand still in silence, the wind whispers whimsical things...

franny and zooey is the read of the day. i highly enjoy salinger's attention to detail and human insight.
"I'm just so sick of ego, ego, ego.  My own and everybody else's.  I'm sick of everybody that wants to get somewhere, do something distinguished and all, be somebody interesting.  It's disgusting-it is. It is.  I don't care what anybody says." ~Franny

take a pause, a moment to consider, and pray...
i am grief sick for the King family...the story of Chelsea's disappearance evolving into murder has been all over local/national headlines.  what do you speak into that kind of grief?  how will anything ever be okay again?  not much feels safe anymore.

and to leave on a somber yet whimsical note for the sake of this wednesday of freedom...
this song always comforts me...and sheds light into darkness.



1 comment:

Sierra said...

Yay for a whimsical day, I hope you enjoyed it! I love the song you posted, thank you for that!

cultivating compassion//practicing colossians 3:12 (part I)

"Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion , kindness, humility, gentleness and pati...