01 November 2009

Giving Up


I am giving up on making passes and
I am giving up on half empty glasses and
I am giving up on greener grasses
I am giving up


so sings ingrid, so says i.

lately i feel just overwhelmed. i want to crawl back into bed and hide under the covers. i never want to leave the house, i just want to be alone. sort out my thoughts...i feel like there are few places i can go and really feel ok. church feels safe...even work feels ok...there i can shut off and just be in work mode...but everywhere else? i just feel like giving up because its too hard. im giving up on something more. i'm too scared. i don't want to be scared. i wish i could be confident. i wish i could just run at full force and feel ok. i don't want to accept less than. less than...simply acceptance of the reality. what happened to dreaming?

I am giving up on making passes and
I am giving up on half empty glasses and
I am giving up on greener grasses
I am giving up

2 comments:

SnOOp said...

I hate moments like this! I think its ok to have time to hide away. But make sure when you step out of your cave you are ready again to not give up

jenn said...

thank you for the encouragement :)

cultivating compassion//practicing colossians 3:12 (part I)

"Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion , kindness, humility, gentleness and pati...