06 July 2015

on summer//this is happiness

summer is good to me.
i love the long, free, no demand days that lie spread out with no seeming end.
sometimes i just sit here, with so much to think about and relishing the space that summer affords me to do just that.
to think. 
to have space...for my mind and heart and soul to breathe.  
open space.
i see things in ways i cannot when i have day to day distractions and demands that busy me 
summer teaches me things.  
it offers me the grace of rest. 
time lets me fuel obsessions that otherwise may seem futile...
ed sheeran tunes non-stop
when calls the heart episodes on repeat
afternoon naps with the pup
writing, writing, writing, whenever i want, grabbing a pen, opening up to a clean page & writing
getting up early to run
swimming in the late mornings
outdoor plays
$8 movies
mixing it up with salads and more salads. salads of all kinds.
homemade iced coffee in a mason jar
reading good books
freely choosing what i read
reading outside my comfort zone
reading guilty pleasures
uncovering new reading rhthyms
really summer is mostly a love affair with books
and it is good. really good.

No comments:

cultivating compassion//practicing colossians 3:12 (part I)

"Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion , kindness, humility, gentleness and pati...