14 December 2011

love is christmas.

christmas time is here. i finally got out and did some shopping today. in spite of crowds and sickness it proved to be an opportune time, with some hot tea in hand and christmas tunes to guide my way, i came out with a feeling of joy and accomplishment. christmas is simple this year. no big plans on the horizon, in many ways it's the same as in years past, but i feel most joyous about not getting bogged down by all the busyness and to-do's. i have gifts ready, making and creating loving things for loved people inspires my heart, and baking (my one kitchenesque talent) will be put to good use soon.

my heart's longing is for Christ to be central this christmas. it sounds so cliche and cheesy. but in reflecting on this year and recognizing the many struggles i've gone through, for this advent season, i set my heart to wait on and for Christ alone. but i find myself getting distracted from that as of late. i am trying to be purposeful in my pursuit of Him. as much as He draws me in and pours His love and mercy out so freely, i need to play my part as well, like in any relationship. i feel myself being so easily distracted by fresh discouragements in the forefront of my mind. the more i ponder them, the more distant He becomes. not because He has retreated from me, but i have allowed my heart to grow detached. sigh. so longing for my heart to be captured by Him. so wishing i'd allow myself to let go of the discouragement and embrace His encouragement. tis the season for His encouragements to abound and fill our hearts and lives. that is my prayer, for all of us. love is what christmas is about. His love. growing our love for one another. love is christmas.

No comments:

cultivating compassion//practicing colossians 3:12 (part I)

"Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion , kindness, humility, gentleness and pati...