29 January 2010

hello weekend, good-bye looooonnnnggggg week.

heading down a path anew...

i don't want to be skeptical or faithless when it comes to my own life and my own circumstances. i can believe for others...why can I not believe for myself?
it irriatates me so when we talk about the fact that God is on our side when things are good, but then we question where He is when things are bad. did He really just up and leave, or is He still very much there. I have to believe there is a reason behind it all. there must be. these things, so complicated as they are, cannot be meaningless. God is good and God is just. Do we just simply trust that in all circumstances? Circumstances do not determine feelings, nor are they indicative of what will happen in the future. We cannot base our understandings on our circumstances, at least from the viewpoint we can see from, becuase we can never see the whole big picture, espescially when we are in it, and maybe not ever.

Lord, help me to trust, to remember and understand who You are.

may this weekend bring restoration to troubled hearts, worried minds, and weary souls.

looking forward to an encouraging talk from a strong friend.
longing to release all these pent up tears.
aching for quiet & comfort.

Lord, comfort and quiet hearts. Heal sick bodies. May our confidence and hope be placed solely in You. I am wholly trusting You.

looking forward to cuddling with this face.

needing a hot bath, my book, and some bon iver.

No comments:

cultivating compassion//practicing colossians 3:12 (part I)

"Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion , kindness, humility, gentleness and pati...