06 January 2010

dreams becoming reality.


i love the peace that this image evokes. sailboats lazily floating across the bay on a sunny new year's day.

makes me reflective...

this month marks the two year anniversary of this blog. kind of strange. i am not entirely sure why i have kept up with this somewhat faithfully.

it is nice to have a place to unleash thoughts and to ruminate ideas. following this theme of marrying dreams and reality over the past two years has remained appealing to me. it really fuels what i do and how i go about my life. though i do have to admit this merging did not, does not and will not look exactly how i thought or hoped it would.

but that's ok. i've learned that a lot of life isn't always what we hope for.

i can say with some resolute that i am living my dreams. in some shape or fashion they have married themselves with my present reality. i believe in large part that is more a result of God working on my behalf, even when i am not actively seeking His help.

He has shown me time and time again that He is here, always alongside me, within me, moving, working things together in ways i could have never imagined.

now a few days into a new year, i still have that pensive feeling that usually accompanies the end of the year. perhaps the new year will feel more in full swing when i go back to school next week.

it seems as though this year has a lot in store. a lot of what's on my plate is going to require a lot of boldness on my part. i have the feeling i am going to be stretched and challenged more than i ever have been in my entire life. this excites and terrifies me in the same vein. furthermore i anticipate following this path of dreams and reality merging at a much faster pace than the last two years have passed...

my challenge for myself this week is to make a list. lists are wonderful. they really relieve anxiety and offer such grand direction for time periods as short as a day, or as long as five years. back around my bday last year i made a list of thirty things i want to do before i am thirty, and for this year i'd like to make a list of ten things i'd like to do in 2010.

i want to give it some more thought before i post it here. there is something about putting things on this blog really holds me accountable to actually doing something about it.

so as we usher in this new year, let us be bold in our ambitions, big in our dreams, strong in our hopes, and creative with our to-do's!

No comments:

cultivating compassion//practicing colossians 3:12 (part I)

"Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion , kindness, humility, gentleness and pati...