28 February 2013

i take care of myself by...

  1. listening to "head full of doubt/road full of promise" on repeat whenever i need it/want to.
  2. visiting new cities.
  3. reading the Bible out loud to myself.
  4.  laughing hard and loud.
  5. admiring the words of J.D. Salinger
  6. sleeping with the windows open.
  7. driving at night with a puppy on my lap.
  8. watching movies in the morning.
  9. taking naps in the late afternoon.
  10. long bubble baths.
  11. new pens.
  12. youtube videos.
  13. live music.
  14. listening to waves.
  15. daring honesty.
  16. reading literature that makes me feel something.
  17. treating bookstores like my own personal clubhouse.
  18. falling in love with people who laugh about the same things i do.
  19. think/speaking positively about myself.
  20. running to nkotb*
  21. figuring out what i think and believe before anyone else tells me what to think and believe.
  22. not falling in love with men who are too obsessed with themselves.
  23. talking to the Lord every hour of the day.
  24. sipping coffee in the morning.
  25. painting skies and birds.
  26. making my bed everyday.
  27. taking that phone call once in awhile.
  28. telling people how special they are too me.
  29. wearing flowery perfume.
  30. buying dresses.
  31. dancing when nobody's looking
  32. crying when i need to.
  33. having art in the bathroom.
  34. sipping tea in the evening.
  35. having a box of honey mustard pretzels under my bed.
  36. watching new girl on a weekly basis.
  37. having real talks with good girlfriends.
  38. drinking a lot of water.
  39. walks at dusk.
  40. keeping lists.
  41. remembering the good moments instead of reliving the bad ones.
  42. sending personally embarrassing/funny texts at random times to wonderful people.
  43. cooking goodies for others.
  44. making mix c.d.'s.
  45. creating art.
  46. basking in creation.
  47. perusing target at my leisure.
  48. getting massages//pedicures//my hair did*
  49. saving money.
  50. splurging on ridiculously amazing concert tickets.

No comments:

cultivating compassion//practicing colossians 3:12 (part I)

"Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion , kindness, humility, gentleness and pati...