27 October 2009

keep me here

i am not certain of much. i am certain of this.
today is beautiful.
i am sitting in the center of my room on the hardwood floor.
the first offish day i've had in awhile.
mindy is singing softly in the background.
i find the fear and chaos that has gripped my heart lately, slowly slipping away from me.
i am breathing slowly and deeply.
i am feeling him draw me in once again.
where have i been?
why did i leave?
why is it so easy to slip away, slide into the silky black sea, only to get lost in panic when darkness envelops me.

i am emerging once again. gracious he draws me out and into him. here i sit breathing calmly again. don't let go...don't let go.

tears fall freely now. keep me here...keep me here




i need peace of mind and a hopeful heart to lose this rage and move out of the dark. i am looking for rainbows and shooting stars, i need peace of mind and a lullaby. there is an angry voice in my head tonight telling me to do things that can't be right. i need peace of mind and a lullaby. and a miracle for this broken soul. i need peace of mind and a gentle hand as i try to change the way i am and i hope God forgives me when i can't.

No comments:

cultivating compassion//practicing colossians 3:12 (part I)

"Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion , kindness, humility, gentleness and pati...