02 October 2009

from there to here

there's where i've been.
in the pit. it was a place of self-loathing. there is where i could hate myself. there is where i had nothing to offer to anyone. there is where no one would have to look at me, think of me, encounter me, deal with me. there is where i wanted to be, where i thought i needed to be. there is where i thought i best be to keep God from me, as well as, everyone else. If I saw/thought/felt/believed there is where I should be, so must EVERYONE else. i was in the pit. the pit of despair, the pit of selfishness, the pit of tears, the pit of lostness, the pit of loneliness, the pit of darkness.

GOD lifted me out of it. God loved me out of it. God drew me out of it. God wooed me out of it.

The pit exists, but i no longer reside there.

here is where i am.

God loves me here. (God loved me there too, I just didn't see it when I was there) I'm learning to love being here...to love me here. Here is where love resides. God's love overwhelms, and here is where others are loved too.

here is where i want to stay.

No comments:

cultivating compassion//practicing colossians 3:12 (part I)

"Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion , kindness, humility, gentleness and pati...