24 August 2009

to whom it may concern,

As I have been pondering lately the idea of touching fire, I cannot even believe how silly I was to think I could do so without getting burned. There was/is a reason for that innate disagreeable feeling within me. You know what I mean? It is like my whole body, heart and soul was in disagreement with what my head was saying to do.

Sometimes my mind just gets in the way...

So, how can we go about understanding this? Where do I begin? The truth is, I am flattered by the attention you give me. The affection you offer is enticing. But it isn't enough. I'm sorry for leading you on. I'm sorry I led myself on too. To think I could do this; I was wrong.

You aren't for me, and I am not for you.

I need someone who will run beside me, pressing harder day by day, looking unto the sky, with hope, with purpose, in love with Jesus. I can't save you, but I pray you will find salvation. Please understand...

I pray for you. I pray you find truth, hope, and love.

Thank you Jesus, for loving me, for teaching me, for guiding me, for always bringing me back to truth, to hope, and to love. You are my heart home. Thank you that in You I find everything I've ever needed and longed for!

No comments:

cultivating compassion//practicing colossians 3:12 (part I)

"Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion , kindness, humility, gentleness and pati...