05 January 2014

if nothing else, dream big.


 five days into the new year and the only resolution that really resonates in my heart has to do with dreams and dreaming big.  dreaming is a core value of mine.  every first sunday of the year at church, our pastor speaks of core values.  what drives us?  where is our focus? as a church community, then as individuals what will we accomplish this year?  our accomplishments stem from the roots of our values.  as a church our core values are God, Love, and Grace.  As an individual my values are the same, but I would also add in dreams to that mix.  dreams are what sustain me (and us, i think).  dreams are what keep me pressing on.  dreams can be difficult to hold onto as we get older and i think one of my biggest fears is losing my dreams.  i fear letting go of that which i hoped for most in my life. 

some say the young are foolish, but i believe our youth offers us the greatest of dreams.  when we are young we believe anything and everything is possible.  i don't ever want to lose that idea of possibility no matter how difficult or negative the world around me is.  just because life hasn't unfolded as i thought it would, should not and will not deter the dreams deep inside my heart.  that was the reason for this whole blog....my desire to chronicle my dreams becoming reality.

only God knows the dreams that will unfold in 2014.  maybe it is only the beginning, a little spurt of growth in one dream, or maybe this year will see the birth of a new dream, and the fruition of another.  all i know is, these dreams of mine, those i share, those that stay hidden in my heart, and those that i don't even know yet, are really His.  what He gives me and what He takes away.  all i can do is pursue them wholeheartedly.  and that's what i will do.  this year i am giving my whole heart to my dreams....to God...to love...and to grace.  i will invest my life and heart in that which is eternal, in that which shares His love and grace with the rest of the world. i will keep asking, i will keep knocking, i will keep praying, i will keep trusting, i will keep pressing on and i will keep dreaming.

No comments:

cultivating compassion//practicing colossians 3:12 (part I)

"Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion , kindness, humility, gentleness and pati...