14 July 2013

inspired transformation.


six months into transformation...and nothing feels much transformed.

it was my friend Christina who gave me the idea of having a word//phrase for each year. for some reason, i felt this pull to the word transformation for 2013.  though for the longest while i couldn't figure out why.  i didn't know what transformation looked like or how i should really go about pursuing it.

last year the phrase i lived and breathed by was "with all my heart."  and wow! that one was spot on.  you see, the whole idea behind the word or phrase for each year is not only a source of inspiration, but a mantra to call upon for strength and encouragement.  it is a guide, a sort of breath prayer that takes me from worried and wayward to centered and focused.  i use the word/phrase as a reminder.  it is a clear focus.

however, this far into 2013 and it seems transformation has been the furthest thing from my mind. it wasn't until this past sunday that i caught a glimpse of that big picture. i finally saw the word transformation and all it can hold, i saw it in a picture...for my life.

transformation: a thorough or dramatic change in form or appearance; a metamorphosis in the life cycle (usually of an animal).

like with anything big, transformation isn't something that just happens to you.  it takes work.  it is a long and arduous process.  it is all about posture.  we need to position ourselves for transformation...that is, for me, loosening my grip on control, closing my eyes, breathing slowly, ignoring the voices of resistance and learning to discern.

for me, it is ignoring the voices of cynicism and fear.  it is pushing away ignorance and embracing more knowledge and truth.

for me, it is wholly trusting in the power of God and giving Him my whole self.  there is a shape that it takes, a full circle kind of feel.  it is going from having the necessary tools, learning how to use them, implementing their use, and then experiencing that change as you do.

for me, transformation requires inspiration.  inspiration is such an overused term, and yet so fitting because it is such a fully and wholly mysterious word.  it breathes life, it beats.

i turn to that which inspires, words, lives and light.  looking out on a cityscape, listening to your heart beating, following the magnetic and hypnotizing words of a wise and endearing soul.  it is there, it is to be found, it does exist.

No comments:

cultivating compassion//practicing colossians 3:12 (part I)

"Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion , kindness, humility, gentleness and pati...