06 July 2013

how to be happy.

 i wake up early.

i brew coffee.

i top my oatmeal with fresh blueberries.

i read in the sunlight, in the quiet.

i am smothered in puppy kisses.

i edit/add to my "daily do" list.

i walk around the neighborhood before everyone is on their way for the day.

i am hydrated.

i look at other people and i smile.

i am noticed and i am loved.

i work and breathe in and out, thank you, i am doing what i love!

there is music that inspires and motivates always on rotation.
i exercise, because after which, i am a better person.

i pray for the hurting people God has brought to my attention, may they catch a break...i whisper gratitude in healthiness, beauty, and hope.

i may spiral down...damning thoughts enter in, insecurities take over, but that's okay.  and normal.  because somehow, someway, i find my way back out.  and that's good.  for too damn long i could not find my way out.

then i am thankful.  i've come a long way.

i sit down and i talk with someone who wants to share part of their day with me.

i wind down early because its good for my soul.

i read words that fill me up and watch something that makes me laugh.

i bathe in soft scents and comforting warmth.

i lie down and i think of you.  i pray for you.  i pray for me.  i am thankful for yet another day.

i fall asleep...happy.

No comments:

cultivating compassion//practicing colossians 3:12 (part I)

"Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion , kindness, humility, gentleness and pati...