13 January 2013

a new year//still new

i found myself quickly getting discouraged as my new year got very busy, very fast.  over the course of one week, i fell back into my old ways, too busy to think, process, or really feel the days i am in.  i refuse to let this course of action define my next week, and the upcoming months.  they threaten to be quite busy.  but i'm desperately hoping and fiercely praying to maintain purpose, to really find a work/life balance, to focus on things that matter and really count, rather than getting caught up in day to day troubles that really don't or won't amount to anything of any real value, that matters for me or anyone else.

i can never be too busy to pour something of value into my students everyday as i teach.
i can never be too busy to encourage a person in my daily path, who seriously needs to be noticed and encouraged.
i can never be too busy to begin my day with Jesus.  to sit at His feet, to listen to His voice, to say wow, thank you, and help me.
i can never be too busy throughout my day to miss His voice, calling me, prodding me, luring me, singing me songs of hope, glory, and wonder.
i can never be too busy to deny myself the simple pleasures i so deeply love and long for. (lattes, nature walks, puppy cuddles, laughter, and mom talks.)
i can never be too busy to answer a text.
i can never be too busy to help out, where ever i am at.

it's a new year that is still new.  it's not too late to make it all count for something.  i seek transformation.  my life can change, i can be refined...

No comments:

cultivating compassion//practicing colossians 3:12 (part I)

"Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion , kindness, humility, gentleness and pati...