25 November 2012

a forest of forgotten tears.


sometimes it comes from the words of a song, or a walk under an autumn night sky.  it can come from a hug, an "i love you," or a sermon. somehow it comes.  that moment when you feel reconnected to life.  maybe you never even realized you were so disconnected.  i surely didn't.  i just keep going, and don't even realize, i'm not really feeling anything.  i'm just shut off, because all I am doing, is doing.  i miss being.  i miss feeling.  i miss connecting.

this song has awakened my heart.  i feel as though i am reconnecting to myself.  my feelings are beginning to come to life again.  i want to be awake and aware to the movement of God in my life.  i can't stand numbness, and busyness.  i never purpose to find myself here, and yet, somehow i always end up being in this disconnected state of being.

i suppose busyness gets the best of us at one time or another, and it feels like the perfect excuse to shut off.  i stop feeling.  i stop being me.  it is almost as if i become no one.  it is as if my heart and soul is absent from my being.  thank you God for using a song to wake me up.  thank you for these words causing me to stop and listen.
all the shadows
all the shields
all the voices
they stir the field

we gotta lift our eyes to the dawn
through the forest of forgotten tears

let it all out
let your guard down
let it fall down
and rearrange again

it's a reconnection.

No comments:

cultivating compassion//practicing colossians 3:12 (part I)

"Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion , kindness, humility, gentleness and pati...