04 June 2011

nyc you still have my heart.

my existence lies here in southern california, but my heart remains in nyc. a brief season away from my normal life and it feels like the whole world should have changed.  but it hasn't, only my heart has changed.  i am in love with nyc...and i know i will miss it terribly when i am gone.  i feel alive here.  i know it cannot last forever.  i was and am in endless awe of the city that never sleeps.  i feel as though i walk around everywhere with my mouth gaping open, gasping at every beautiful sight my blessed eyes are able to behold.  how i long for a life of luxury in manhattan, perhaps selfishly so, but i can't help but think of what an amazing opportunity it would be and the endless amounts of possibilities that exist in staying here.  usually, i am always happy to return back to the home i know, but this is perhaps the first time i feel more sad to leave.  it is as if life elsewhere  has lost its color so suddenly.  i never thought i could love any place more than southern california, but here i am with a change of heart.

No comments:

cultivating compassion//practicing colossians 3:12 (part I)

"Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion , kindness, humility, gentleness and pati...