25 May 2011

loving simple things.

i much too much enjoy the quiet of life.  i enjoy traversing my inner world and living in a special intimacy and calm on a daily basis.  i love the opportunity to imagine and the ability that creativity brings to my mind and heart.  every time i think of my life as a whole, the future that lays out in front of me, the present i am in, i think of one word that i long for, one thing that i crave. simplicity.  i like simple things.  i like folding laundry,  packing a suitcase, lying on my bed and staring out the window getting lost in my thoughts and dreams.  when heavy things are happening, i like that a lightness in life can still exist.  i like opening the screen door and feeling the sun warm my skin inch by inch, and letting the late afternoon breeze fill my insides with its calm. i like stopping on walks to smell the flowers and admire God's creativity that so inspires me. simplicity...it's truly wonderful.

No comments:

cultivating compassion//practicing colossians 3:12 (part I)

"Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion , kindness, humility, gentleness and pati...