03 April 2011

floating.

lately, i've just been...sigh...floating along with life, in life, maybe just outside of life.  let me first clarify, i am not depressed, nor am i sad, nor am i really confused.  maybe i'm a little tired, maybe even a little bored, but truthfully i can't exactly place just what it is i am feeling.  i'm longing for a change of scenery, however, it is not because i don't like the scene i am currently living in.  i feel like i am staring at a bright sunshine with no reason to complain, and yet here i sit...feeling a bit...lost. maybe? i don't know. it's such a strange feeling, place in life, i've never really encountered before.  frankly i do not know how to pick up and move on from it.  i can't seem to brush it under the rug, the way in which i can with sadness and despair.  it is not bad, nor is it good.  i sense it is something God is behind.  He is using these feelings, this floating time, to stir something in me, to open a new door, to lead me somewhere different. when i consider this, i become very afraid and anxious that somehow i will miss it.  maybe i've been too lazy or too afraid to notice it. maybe i'm allowing too much noise or busyness in my life that i will not be attentive to His voice. but then again, He has a pretty good record of drawing me out of my messes, my sadness, my confusion, and leading me to a path anew, without any help from me.
i can't help it...this song makes me feel calm and hopeful, strangely enough...floating in the forth...


No comments:

cultivating compassion//practicing colossians 3:12 (part I)

"Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion , kindness, humility, gentleness and pati...