22 December 2013

something you said...

everything was just fine until yesterday morning. 

and then what you said, what you did, it seems to have changed everything inside of me.
it stirred up a longing i haven't quite felt for while. 

the thing was, you could have ignored me, i could have gone the long way around, all of this could have been avoided, but it wasn't.

instead i saw you and you noticed me, and i let you.  so unlike me.

thank you for seeing the need and stepping in.  so gentlemanly, so kindly. 

but it was something you said accompanied with what you did that so inevitably impacted me.

there are words every woman longs to hear; needs to hear in some fashion.  it takes her by surprise, it warms her, it makes her feel anew.

you made me feel anew.

and i of course, fumbled around, afraid, embarrassed, unsure.  so like me. never quite able to express what i want to express, unless you give me time, or until i put pen to page.

i thank you.  i thank you for you words.  i thank you for your time and your heart.  it made my day and it shifted something inside me.  something big, something you'll probably never know or understand.  it stirs and it's uncomfortable and scary, but i'm glad you and your words awakened it.  because all of this taught me something.  something i have been praying for and hoping for and dreaming for, for years.  it taught me to be more open, to walk towards the possibility of good.  to begin to say what i need to say and not to fumble around, afraid, embarrassed, and unsure.  i can only hope this opens me up to the possibility of more good.  i know it's out there.  i've just been too afraid to look.  i've been too afraid to let it in.

so thank you, kind sir, for something you said...

No comments:

cultivating compassion//practicing colossians 3:12 (part I)

"Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion , kindness, humility, gentleness and pati...