19 March 2013

little faith.

"Little faith//follow me//I set a fire in a blackberry field
//Make us laugh, or nothing will//I set a fire just to see what it kills"

sometimes life feels a little uneasy and a bit heavy.  sometimes my outlook gets blurred by smudges of sadness.

life is good, really.

truly.

but sometimes it feels like i am swimming through the murkiest of waters.
and it requires gathering all the faith i have to keep moving my arms and legs, so that i will reach the surface again and catch my breath.

these waters get murky when i live in a world defined by worry.

it is then that i realize where i need to be.

so i get on my knees and i pray.
i ask for something i am scared to have.

faith.
if i ask for it, and i am given it, then i must exercise it.
faith.  such an unruly kind of belief.  it isn't acquainted with impossibilities. it doesn't fear the unknown, it is isn't afraid to lean into life.

and well,
 
sometimes life is about leaning into the unknown.  


No comments:

cultivating compassion//practicing colossians 3:12 (part I)

"Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion , kindness, humility, gentleness and pati...