03 February 2011

reflecting.



In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer. 
Albert Camus

It is hard to believe my journey as student teacher is over. it is even more difficult to believe that we are already a month into 2011.  I am amazed and proud that I made it through so far.  my last day as student teacher was bittersweet. I had such fear and dreadful expectations when it all began.  Little did I know I would come out of it all actually wanting to be a teacher :) my students wrote me letters and drew me pictures, and offered hugs and tears.  I was beyond touched. who knew all this time i was actually making a difference in their lives?!  


but now here i am, at the beginning of february with actual time and space all around me. i've been able to think. i've been taking long walks, i am reading good books, and creating art.  life deserves so much more than busy rushed days that can barely handle all of our to-do's. for february i am focusing upon relaxing as much as i can.  i want to commune with God in his creation.  i want to sit with friends and engage in authentic conversations.  i want to laugh and smile.  i want to help where i can, and be in the moment always.  

No comments:

cultivating compassion//practicing colossians 3:12 (part I)

"Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion , kindness, humility, gentleness and pati...