13 August 2010

the heart waits. (breaking free from the collective "they")

i am walking through the passage of transformation. i am diving into the sun kissed waters of separation.  i am swimming into maturity, and i will come out of these waters changed. i'm on the brink of a metamorphosis.
Change begins with the recognition that we are not so much an "I" as a "they."  We may like to think that we are individuals living out our own unique truth, but more often we are scripts written collectively by society, family, church, job, friends, and traditions.  We are reduced to an object, an It.  Our lives become mundane and banal.  

Who would I be? (Without the influence of "they?")

I want to have an experience of pure beingness.

We must differentiate ourselves from the roles we play, no longer living out of the scripting and expectations thrust on me.  Rather living my own truth.

No comments:

cultivating compassion//practicing colossians 3:12 (part I)

"Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion , kindness, humility, gentleness and pati...