05 February 2010

growing globally minded.


i've been thinking about things bigger than me, places i've never been, people i don't know, and the things i have yet to learn.

it's really easy to get stuck inside me-ness. especially when things aren't going according to my plans. before 2010 rolled around i had blogged about this desire of moving from selfishness to selflessness.

it's still something i am fighting for, and this constant battle has made me think about myself a lot;) but also about others more. as i work toward my teaching credential my vision of how i will use it is growing.

i've only really imagined myself teaching here in the states.

BUT, lately my heart is burdened with the thought of going somewhere else, of dreaming bigger, and doing something more than I have imagined for myself in a reeeaaaallllly long time.

before i graduated from high school i was full of ideas of traveling the world, and bringing grand things (like love, hope, resources, knowledge) to places in the world that don't have those things.

i don't want to lose sight of that just because the world is a shaky place, or i'm scared, or i have other dreams i think are more important that keep me here.

we never know how God will shake up our lives, mess up our plans (for the better), and change our hearts.

i'm open...

No comments:

cultivating compassion//practicing colossians 3:12 (part I)

"Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion , kindness, humility, gentleness and pati...