06 September 2009

enjoy :)

thus ending a series focused on prayer...today we looked at enjoyment as a part of our prayer lives.

such a concept! often times prayer and enjoyment are not considered hand in hand.

the obvious point of the day, yet the never really considered point, is the fact that pretending is the death of the enjoyment of prayer. Wow! how often do I pretend? How much do I aim to perfect myself before I approach God? How ridiculous! How long before I learn??? To think I can outsmart God? How foolish can I be?

God is not afraid of me or my stuff!

I can never let my own experience in life thus far, ever trump what God says. No matter what life experiences tell me, no matter how many bad things happen, it does not justify any new belief contrary to what God says.

We have a God whose love never fails! He is Good, He is faithful!

God, this week I long to walk toward shamelessness. I want to bring my whole self, my real self, (no pretending), to prayer. I know this will prove difficult, but I pray for the strength and boldness, for all of us, to involve every part of us, our bodies, our imaginations, our intellect, and our emotions in prayer with you!

No comments:

cultivating compassion//practicing colossians 3:12 (part I)

"Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion , kindness, humility, gentleness and pati...