07 September 2013

grace.

"Life is like a rainbow.  You need both the sun and the rain to make its colors appear."

i wake up to the ringing bell of my alarm clock.  i roll over, with a sigh, knowing how desperate i am for more sleep.  but alas, i must get up so as not to be late.  upon waking, i slowly shuffle my way to the bathroom, to wash my face and brush my teeth. i am one of those who brush their teeth before breakfast. it is only then that i begin to feel more alive and awake.  i rummage through the closet, mixing and matching tops and skirts, tights and sweaters.  i toss the prospective outfit across an unmade bed, and meander down the hallway to the kitchen, a puppy at my heels. 

an open window on this humid morning gives me a clue to how hot this day will be.  but i can already feel the beginnings of autumn setting in.  a fresh beginning on the horizon.  the air begins to feel cleaner, my soul feels more at rest, i breathe deeper.

with a cup of coffee in hand, i gather pen and paper and my Bible.  i need this.  these moments, no matter how early in the day it is, are essential.  i need the quiet.  i need to hear from Him.  i need.

this early morning grace.  this before the day progresses into busyness, i need this place of just me and Him.  i need to carry it through the day with me.  i want to hear from Him beyond these moments. i want to be reminded to look to Him outside of this planned time together.  i need Him at all moments in my day.  creating this time and space reminds me of this.  His Grace. 

and as i moved on with my day, packing up my car, driving out of the neighborhood, i look up, across the street at the church building i love so dearly and i see a rainbow.  a glorious wonderful rainbow.  and i am reminded yet again of His Grace.

moment by moment, grace.

No comments:

cultivating compassion//practicing colossians 3:12 (part I)

"Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion , kindness, humility, gentleness and pati...