13 June 2010

thoughts.

1) If I could, I would spend every day reading, painting, swimming, walking, perusing book stores, and cuddling with my kitty.
2) I have never lived anywhere but Southern California. If I could live anywhere else, I would live in Seattle, Portland, or maybe somewhere in Greece.
3) My favorite books are The Catcher in the Rye, The Bell Jar, and To Kill a Mockingbird.  I dream to contribute something as noteworthy as these novels to the world of literature.
4) My 90 year old grandma is the dearest, loveliest person I know. When I am 90 I hope to be someone like her.
5) My life goal is to teach the Bible & Literature in any capacity God allows me.
6) I like movies and books that portray the life of a strong female protagonist.  It is beautiful to watch/read as she finds herself, creates a new life path, and is able to express herself beautifully. This inspires me to live with purpose.
7) If I was locked in a room for twenty four hours straight...all I would want are blank canvases and acrylic paint!
8) I love male vocalists, with soft deep voices, who write poetic and meaningful lyrics accompanied by a guitar or a piano.  They calm me and inspire me in unexplainable ways, help me sleep, and write. (i.e. Greg Laswell, Joshua Radin, K.S. Rhoads, Sam Beam, Justin Vernon, Ben Lee, and Mat Kearney).
9) Independence Day and Christmas Day are my favorite days of the year, I want to feel every moment of them.
10) June gloom inspires and comforts me...i wish it'd hang on a little longer.
11) I have a profound respect for female young adult authors that tackle real life teen issues in beautiful, honest, and healing ways. (i.e. Laurie Halse Andersen, Sarah Dessen, Rachel Cohn & Sara Zarr) I want to write like them, and communicate a positive message to teenage girls.
12) When I get depressed or discouraged with life, I like to imagine myself in another life that usually takes me to another country like Italy, in which I spend my days writing novels, drinking cappuccinos, taking long walks, and totally free of any commitments.
13) Jackson Pollock's Blue Poles is the most beautiful painting I've ever seen.  If I look at it long enough, I start to cry. Creating paintings with that much emotion is an incredible gift I long for.
15) I think getting my teaching credential is the best decision I've made, but it has been the most difficult journey.
16) I never feel more at peace with who I am and who God is than when I am outside communing with Him in His extraordinary creation.
17) If I never get married or have kids, I will become the crazy cat lady!
18) Injustice, oppression, and apathy break my heart and challenge me to live my life unselfishly.
19) I like to think I make a difference in people's lives by providing them with a quality espresso beverage and a friendly smile.
20) My dream career is to be a novelist.

No comments:

cultivating compassion//practicing colossians 3:12 (part I)

"Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion , kindness, humility, gentleness and pati...