17 February 2008

Sunday Thought...

"Without a vision for your life, without a sense of purpose, you will begin to die a slow death...it is hope that keeps us alive. Hope is the fuel through which we create the future." ~Erwin McManus

Sundays are always thoughtful days. They are slower days where one can take the time to reflect, enjoy deep dialouge with good friends and family, go to church, read a book, bask in the quiet evenings, and rejuvanate and prepare for the new week ahead.

I don't know where I would be, or anyone for that matter without hope for the future. Hope is fuel. Hope fuels our plans, visions, and expectations for the future. i have found that expectation and anticipation are by far the greatest experiences of being human. While some may deem that a depressing thought, I find it to be quite encouraging. Without hope, expectation, and anticipation, I would find nothing good about the future. However, it is with expectation and anticipation that I eagerly await a hope filled future. Even if more trials befall me throughout this year, and the rest of my life for that matter, which of course is inevitable, life is still worth a great deal when we are holding onto hope.

No comments:

cultivating compassion//practicing colossians 3:12 (part I)

"Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion , kindness, humility, gentleness and pati...